- Need Residential Garage Door Installation Services?
- Expert Residential Garage Door Repair Services
- Residential Garage Door Replacement
- Residential Garage Door Maintenance
- The Best Insulation Service In The Indianapolis Area
- The Right Look for Your Home: Residential Garage Door Styles
Our Garage Door Styles
The next time you’re out driving around in your neighborhood, take a look at the houses you drive by and notice how prominent the garage doors are at nearly every home. The humble garage door turns out to be the most prominent architectural features of most houses. By virtue of their impact on curb appeal, garage doors play a surprisingly large role in the value of your home. When a homeowner wants to upgrade the curb appeal of their house, Garage Doors of Indianapolis has a stunning selection of options in residential garage door styles. Let us help you make your house look its very best with garage doors perfect for your home.
A New Garage Door is an Investment in Your Home
When it’s time to sell your home and you’re looking to make the right investment that will increase your home’s selling price, you can’t go wrong with new garage doors. If those garage doors face the street, they are what people will see first and they will form an immediate impression on potential buyers.
If you want to make a modest investment that will have a huge impact on the resale value of your home, you’ll be hard-pressed to find one with a better return on investment than new garage doors. The good news is you have many styles from which to choose. You can go traditional or contemporary. You have a number of different materials available. The color, the pattern, the finish—the possibilities are endless. The only problem you’ll have is choosing what you want from all the options available from Garage Doors of Indianapolis!
Residential Garage Doors: A Brand for Every Home
In order to present homeowners with a full range of styles and options, we sell and install residential garage doors that carry a brand name you can trust, including the following:
- Clopay: One of the largest manufacturers of garage doors in the United States and all of North America under parent company Griffon Corporation with manufacturing facilities in Ohio, Clopay produces beautiful, long-lasting doors. A wide range of both modern and traditional styles are available.
- Amarr: Another big name, Amarr offers a wide selection of styles that fall in the traditional category, including carriage house doors, but they also carry some contemporary designs. Amarr is also known for good insulation and noise reduction with their doors.
- CHI Overhead Doors: This brand is known for making garage doors that look like wood but are made of much more durable synthetic materials. They are also known for the “full view” glass and aluminum garage doors.
- Wayne Dalton: Based in Texas, the Wayne Dalton brand offers custom doors in wood, steel, aluminum, and fiberglass with many options in panel design, windows, and colors to choose from.
While those are some of our favorite brand names in residential garage doors, they’re only as good as the automatic openers that make your life easier. We’re proud to offer both LiftMaster and Chamberlain brand names in garage door openers.
Residential Garage Door Styles and Materials
With our vast selection, we can complement any home style or desired exterior design aesthetic you want to achieve. Here are some of the style and material choices we have for you:
- Steel and Aluminum: Aluminum is rust-proof and steel is sturdy. Both materials require almost no maintenance, although each is susceptible to dents. If you want the freedom to change the color of your garage door, steel and aluminum can be painted, though you should have it done by professionals.
- Fiberglass and Glass: Steel doors with a fiberglass outer layer are moisture-resistant and are well insulated. For homeowners who want wood doors but need a lightweight, low-maintenance alternative, some fiberglass garage door styles mimic the look of real wood. Glass doors with an industrial look are a trend in modern design, but they lack insulation, and large glass doors may be extremely heavy. Substituting polycarbonate panels for glass reduces the weight.
- Wood, Wood Composite, and Vinyl: Solid wood is one of the most expensive garage door types, but it’s a material with many customization options. Because solid wood is heavy, it’s often used for carriage house style doors that swing outward. High quality wood composite doors are a better option for homes with a single large door, and it’s also resistant to rot. Vinyl doors are dent-proof and low-maintenance, and many vinyl garage door styles offer high-efficiency insulation. Vinyl is tinted during the manufacturing process and cannot be painted.
Explore the following pages of our website for more information on various residential garage door styles:
Need to See Ideas? Visit Our Showroom!
If you want to feast your eyes on some of the best examples of garage doors to get ideas for your home, we warmly invite you to visit our showroom located at 5041 W. 96th Street in Indianapolis. The internet is great for “window shopping” on a website, but sometimes you need to see real examples in person.
Ready to make an investment in the curb appeal of your home with an exterior aesthetic makeover that makes a big difference? We have what you’re looking for! And we’ll be with every step of the way through choosing a product and installing it at your home. We also provide the maintenance and repair services you’ll need to keep your garage doors in tip-top shape for many years to come. Let the professionals at Garage Doors of Indianapolis serve all your residential garage door needs. Call us at 317-860-0806 and we’ll be happy to speak with you!