- Need Residential Garage Door Installation Services?
- Expert Residential Garage Door Repair Services
- Residential Garage Door Replacement
- Residential Garage Door Maintenance
- Garage Door Insulation
- The Right Look for Your Home: Residential Garage Door Styles
Affordable Carriage Style Garage Doors
Carriage style garage doors mimic French doors, with handles, brackets and panels playing a key role in demonstrating charm. This door style is generally favored in traditional homes, which may include:
- Cape Cod
Choose a material type that fits your budget
Historically a high-end purchase due to wood material and swing-out door functionality, carriage garage doors can range from expensive to surprisingly affordable, depending on material type:
- Steel and aluminum (rust resistant): least expensive, broadest range of design options
- Fiberglass: mid-range, moisture resistant, well insulated, lightweight wood alternative
- Wood composite: mid-range, moisture resistant, lighter weight wood alternative
- Wood: most expensive, heavy, customizable
Design and embellishments
Part of what makes carriage doors so popular are the unique design elements that give it character. Once you’ve chosen the door material, you can opt for panels and sections to create eye-catching patterns. Popular combinations can include steel sections with:
- Stamped design
- Color variety
- Window design
- Decorative hardware
Make a stylish entrance with carriage doors: open uniquely
The way a carriage door opens is also part of its charm. A French door-style swing out provides an old school touch. But there are also options to slide, fold or lift up, giving you the ability to achieve a carriage style look or an actual carriage functionality.
Find out if carriage is the right garage door style for your home. Contact us for a free consult!